So how do we acquire a high and mighty, athletic behind? Well, definitely not sitting on it for sure. The only way to achieve that great looking glutes is to work it, and work it! Even movie stars like J Lo, Jessica Biel, or Jennifer Aniston were not born with rounded derrieres, they all had to work at it and so can you, to achieve that perfect REAR VIEW!
First of all increasing age means decreasing volume everywhere-gravity does tends to take hold of it. Well, with a good amount of effort, we can expect to correct this gravitational pull or lets just say, fact of life. So here are just a few of my very effective BUTT BLASTIN’ WORKOUTS to a stronger athletic behind.
Remember to always “Keep the NAVAL INTO SPINE when performing your exercises
1. LYING HIP RAISES: This is a great isolation exercise for the glutes.
How To: Lie on your back with feet flat on the floor or toes pointing “down”
Squeeze your glutes and lift your hips as high as yo can.
HOLD for 10 secs, lower and repeat. Do 3 sets of 15reps. You can do this in between other Glute Exercises.
2. DEEP SQUATS: This exercise can be performed on the ground or on a BOSU ball for added challenge.
How To: Squat down until your thighs are parallel to the ground.
Make sure knees do not pass the toes
Squat for 12 reps, then hold for 30 secs. Do 2 sets. Your legs will definitely be on fire! You can do 4 sets if you do not plan to do back-to-back squat exercises.
3. LUNGES: Lunges are one of the most effective exercises out there, especially to building a better butt. Lunge is more of a stabilizing workout that challenges the core and at the same time works your glutes. BOSU adds more challenge, but you can do without it as well.
How To: Take a long step forward and bend both knees until the front thigh is parallel to the ground. Again make sure front knee does not pass the toe.
Now, Stay at the lunge position and more up and down 10 times, then hold for 30 secs. Do 2 sets of 12 with a 30 sec hold in between. Again you can do 4 sets if you are not doing back-to-back glute workouts.
4. KICKBACK ON THE BALL (very challenging) You can do kneeling kickback with knees on the ground or toe kickbacks with toe on the ground.
How To: Kneel on all fours, start with your left leg, bring the leg back and tighten your glutes. Pulse the leg for 20 reps.
If you use the exercise ball, then you may want to do 10 reps on each leg. Do 2 sets.
5. DEAD LIFTS: Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Squat down and grasp a barbell just in front of your knee.
HOW TO: From starting position (from knee), pull the barbell with a good amount of explosive energy toward your lower abs. Engage those ab muscles while you perform this exercise by taking your naval up to your spine. Do 12 reps of 2 sets. To isolate your glutes, squeeze them on the way up.
Guess What? Now you can do this in the privacy of your home and don’t even have to go the the gym to tone your tush!